From 14th January you will be able to book 30 minute slots in Guardian Angel Fitness' brand new Infrared Sauna which will be available to use during gym opening times. In the book 'Detoxify or Die', leading environmental medicine authority, Sherry Rogers M.D describes how toxicity in the body can increase tissue inflammation and difficulty losing weight, She explains how it can be at the root of; hormone imbalance, headaches, brain fog, lethargy and contribute to the development of chronic degenerative disease.
Far Infra-red sauna rays are the longest rays which come from the sun. They are the most healing rays.
The benefits of Infra-red saunas shown in studies include:
- Effective cellular detoxification. Fat stored toxins are released and moved out of the body via skin in perspiration without overheating and drying out the body as conventional saunas can.
- 20% of the infrared waves heats the air and 80% gently warms the body, so you get the cellular benefits rather than just being in a hot room!
- Can speed up metabolism and help with weight loss. The detoxification also helps with weight loss.
- Can improve mood by stimulating endorphin release in the brain
- Pain relief by increasing circulation, stimulating healing and reducing inflammation
- May help to kill parasites & bacteria
- Has been shown to improve clinical symptoms in Chronic Heart Disease patients
- Additionally lowering blood pressure, improving circulation (all those of you who suffer with Raynauds Syndrome might like to see if it helps!)
- Wound healing and general cell health.
Here's what to do to get going in the Sauna:
The sauna cabin has 3 seats. A seat in the Sauna must be booked online via our website. You first need to sign up to use the sauna by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you sign up as a sauna user, you provide your payment details and are automatically charged after your visit.
A 30 minute session costs the equivalent of a Starbucks latte, just £3.50! You can also purchase a block of 10 or 20 half hour sessions upfront: £30 for 10 sessions or £60 for 20 sessions (per person). If you would like to book all three seats in the sauna (either for privacy or to invite friends) you can do so, and will only be charged £10.
The sauna is inside the second treatment room with benches and hooks for you to put your belongings. Swimwear must be worn. Please bring your own towel to sit on/wrap around you. You can use the changing rooms in the main area of HG3 to change / shower if you wish.
During and after your visit, remember to re-hydrate well! Filtered water will be provided in the sauna room. It's perfect to use before or after a massage. To achieve best results from the sauna you may wish to take a small towel / flannel in the sauna with you to wipe the sweat off when you are in the sauna – toxins are coming out so they need to be wiped off to allow more to come out, and so that nothing gets reabsorbed!